*** Covid-19 Policies***
We have re-opened in a limited capacity as of June 19th. We did this in order to accommodate those who wish to travel to the area respectfully and responsibly.
If you are of the mindset that Covid-19 is nothing to worry about and have no intention of taking the most basic steps to protect our community, PLEASE STAY HOME. We need a basic level of cooperation to make it through these difficult times and we are only interested in hosting those who care about the health and safety of others during this very uncertain time.
Please bring a mask and be prepared to use it throughout your time here in Door County as most businesses will require it.
Door County has worked very hard to keep our infection rate low. We have done this by wearing masks, social distancing and practicing good hygiene. There is a large demographic here that is vulnerable to this disease and our small hospital has a very limited number of beds and respirators. Again, we ask for your kind consideration and cooperation. There is simply too much here at stake and no amount of business is worth pain and suffering or the loss of life.
In the interest of keeping you, our staff and our community safe, here are a few things to be aware of when booking with us:
- We are only taking a limited number of reservations at this time. Advance reservations are required. We are currently not taking any walk up reservations.
- Masks: guests are required to wear a mask in all common areas of the motel (lobby, hallways, diner, etc.). ** Of course, you do not need to wear a mask in your room, again, just in the common areas of the motel.** Yes, this means every time you walk into the building. Even if it's just for a moment. Masks are required.
- Social distancing: all guests are asked to observe safe social distancing guidelines and to respect the space of others
- Doors will be locked at all times to avoid random people from coming in without a mask. Registered guests only will be allowed in the motel and in guest rooms.
- Stays of more than 1 night will not be serviced unless requested.
- To minimize the amount of face-to-face time, all payments will be processed in advance.
- Keys are sanitized and then placed in envelopes to avoid unnecessary handling.
- It is helpful to know an estimated time of arrival so we can be ready for you and minimize the amount of time required face to face.
We already go to great lengths to make sure you have the cleanest possible room, but here are just some of the things we are doing to help keep you safe!
- We are operating at approx. 1/3 capacity at all times to avoid too many people from being under our roof at one time, to allow rooms sufficient time to rest in between reservations and for proper cleaning.
- All touch points are disinfected after each stay (all surfaces, light switches, handles, door knobs, phone, tv remote, etc.)
- Common areas of the motel are disinfected several times throughout the day
- Rooms sit for a minimum of 24-48hrs between each guest. Typically we have them sit for 48 hrs (longer whenever possible)
- Keys are sanitized after each stay and put in envelopes to avoid any unnecessary touching/contamination
- Self-service breakfast is discontinued until further notice according to state guidelines
- All towels are removed and replaced after every check out (we always did this anyway)
- Triple sheeting is used to ensure that all bedding exposed to the guest is fresh and clean for every reservation. We do not re-use bread-spreads, for example.
- Throw pillows have all been removed from rooms.
If you have any concerns or questions please don't hesitate to call us at 920-743-5571.
This is a work in progress as we are adjusting to the new times and as things progress in our area. We welcome your input.
- Independently owned and operated.
- New Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Plushtop mattresses in every room. Want one? Just call Door County Interiors and Design and they'll help you!
- Renovated in 2008 using environmentally-friendly construction materials and practices.
- Steps from the city's waterfront and finest shops and dining.
- Live music onsite weekly.
- Historic downtown Sturgeon Bay's only motel, and Door County's first.
- Early check-in and late check-out available upon request (check-in is typically at 3pm, check-out at 11am)
- Live music weekly at The Tambourine Lounge (our private social club located next door to the motel).
- Artfully appointed contemporary-retro interior features the motel's original 1950s Simmons furniture, hand-blown glass fixtures by local artists (Popelka-Trenchard Glass) as well as photography and paintings by other talented local artists!
- Owner operated management lives on-site so you know there is always someone close by to help you at anytime day or night!!!
- Free high-speed wireless internet in all public spaces and all guest rooms.
- Mini refrigerator/freezers in all guest rooms.
- Flat-screen televisions in all guest rooms broadcast over 70 free premium cable channels of wide variety in full color.
- Express checkout! Since we process payment at check in, just drop your keys at the front desk on your way out and you're good to go!
- Air-conditioned in warm weather and heated in cold. You control your temperature.
- Box-fans in every room (great for people who like to have white noise or extra air circulation)
- Diner's microwave, toaster, etc. available 24/7 for guest use.
- Telephones, alarm clocks and hairdryers in all rooms.
- Coat closets and full four-piece bathrooms in all guest rooms.
- Microwave available in King Deluxe room 237
- Blackout curtains in every room
- Complimentary ice and chilled filtered water.
- Outdoor seating, fire pit, and well-maintained lawn space available for guest use.
- Check in: rooms guaranteed ready by 3pm. Need an earlier check in? Just give us a call and we'll do our best to accommodate!
- Check out: 11am, however, if you need a later check out just let us know and we'll do our best to arrange it for you!
- Pets: Well-behaved and freshly bathed pets welcome in all first-floor rooms only (120-128) for just $8 a night with certain restrictions. (**PLEASE READ OUR PET POLICIES BEFORE BOOKING... click here for more info**)
- Children 5 and up, please.
- Kids 12 and under sleep free.
- Quiet hours after 10pm: Due to the nature of the older architecture noise can transmit to other rooms therefore we do request all guests to be respectful of other guests late at night and early in the morning. That said, infants, young children and late-night partiers just aren't a fit for our motel.
- The is a non smoking facility. Guests are asked to used the designated smoking areas outside. We do enforce a strict $200 fine.
- 48 hour cancellation policy (more time may be required for multiple rooms) though we will only charge if we are unable to rent the room.
- Third and extra person fee: room rates are based on 2 person occupancy. Extra person fees equal $10 per person. Please check for max occupancy listed for each room though max of 4 persons per room is allowed.
- Rollaway/cots: available upon request at time of reservation.
- ADA: while we are handicap accessible our rooms are not ADA compliant. Please call for more information.
- Taxes: 5.5% state, 5.5% room tax
- Accepted forms of payment: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, house gift certificates. No cash payments accepted after 9pm.
- 3rd party booking engines: If you book through a 3rd party booking engine such as Expedia, Travelosity, etc. you will receive your receipt from the 3rd party booking engine you booked through. Any changes to your reservation will also need to be made through the site you booked your reservation through. We cannot adjust rates or apply discounts (if applicable) once reservation is booked through 3rd party.
- We cannot be held responsible for misinformation offered by third party booking engines. While we do our best to make sure they have the most accurate info there are times that they get it wrong (for example, we do not have pull out couches in the rooms nor do we have a pool). This is, unfortunately, out of our control.
What we DON'T DO:
- We do not charge a booking fee! And, frankly, no one ever should! Buyer beware: if you are being charged a booking fee, you are not on our website and that booking fee, even if you cancel with sufficient amount of time, will be non-refundable and will be gladly kept by the 3rd party booking engine.
- We do not require a deposit or charge a cancellation fee (*see our cancellation policy below for more information.) Some hotels/motels charge $10 or more (or even charge a larger deposit or a full night's stay!) for you to change or cancel your reservation weeks, even months, in advance. We've never understood this. We're in the business of accommodating travelers and understand that plans change and feel that guests should not be penalized for this. OUR CANCELLATION POLICY is 48-hrs in advance of check-in (4 or more rooms must provide 1 week to one month depending on what was agreed to at time of reservation). While we reserve the right to charge for a full night's stay if cancellation is received within less than the required time, EVEN THEN, the ONLY time we've ever charged anyone is if we were unable to fill the room (and believe us, we will try to fill the room). Sound fair? We think so, too!
- We do not require a 2-night minimum stay. 2-night minimum stays are for the convenience of the hotel. We like to provide convenience for our guests. :)
- We do not call your room right at check-out time to push you out and we do not charge for late check outs! Just let the desk know you'd like a late check-out and we will do whatever we can to accommodate your request!
- We do not charge for our wireless internet.
- We do not accommodate late night partying in the rooms. Yes, we are a rock-n-roll motel but with this being an older building, we must be conscientious of noise issues and other travelers' comforts and needs.
- We do not mislead our guests into thinking we are something we are not. While it was completely renovated in 2009, it still is an older building that comes with its quirks and charms. If you want friendly, clean, comfortable and unique accommodations, we feel confident that you will enjoy staying with us!!! Please read our reviews! :)
Have any questions? Just give us a call! 920-743-5571
call direct at
Our building is not ADA accessibility-rated, but it is accessibile by a
wheelchair ramp at the front entrance, and all first-floor rooms
can be accessed by wheelchair. Please call for more info.
off-season rates and do not apply to transitional or peak season rates.
Rates may vary during the Holiday's special events.
Have questions? Feel free to give us a call at (920) 743-5571
or send us an email.