call direct at
- Located strategically in the heart of downtown historic Sturgeon Bay (one block from the water, one block from downtown stores and restaurants).
- Independently owned and operated by people that work hard to run a reputable and honorable business that pays its employees a fair wage and gives back to the community.
- New Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Classic Plushtop mattresses in every room. Want one? Just call Door County Interiors and Design and they'll help you!
- "RetroVated" in 2008 using environmentally-friendly construction materials and practices preserving as much of the original as possible.
- Recycling and avoidance of single-use plastics whenever possible is of utmost importance to us
- Natural cleaning products are used over harsh, harmful and fragrance-laden chemicals (7th Generation Disinfectant and good 'ol vinegar go a long way!)
- Smoke-free building
- Our Rainbow Vacuum helps us to keep things on an even greater level of clean!! (If you haven't checked one out, we highly recommend! You'll never want to use another vacuum again!)
- Early check-in and late check-out available upon request (check-in is typically at 3pm, check-out at 11am)
- Live music weekly at The Tambourine Lounge (our private social club located next door to the motel. ***Currently suspended due to Covid. We will announce when we resume).
- Artfully appointed contemporary-retro interior features the motel's original 1950s Simmons furniture, hand-blown glass fixtures by local artists (Popelka-Trenchard Glass) as well as photography and paintings by other talented local artists!
- Owner operated management lives on-site so you know there is always someone close by to help you at anytime day or night!!!
- Free high-speed wireless internet in all public spaces and all guest rooms.
- Mini refrigerator in all guest rooms.
- Coffee maker in all rooms
- Flat-screen smart televisions in all guest rooms with free basic cable and access to Netflix, AmazonVideo, etc.
- Outdoor outlets available for electric vehicles (first come, first serve)
- Boat and trailer parking available (please call in advance so we can direct you to best place to part)
- Express checkout! Since we process payment on day of check in so you can just drop your keys at the front desk on your way out and you're good to go!
- Guest controlled temperature
- Box-fans in every room (great for people who like to have white noise or extra air circulation)
- Diner available 24/7 for guest use (microwave, toaster, plates, silverware, ice, filtered water, etc.)
- Telephones, alarm clocks and hairdryers in all rooms.
- Full four-piece bathrooms in all guest rooms (tub/shower combination with).
- Blackout curtains in every room
- Outdoor seating, fully stocked fire pit, and well-maintained lawn space available for guest use.
- High quality bedding and towels in every room. Just because we're not "fancy" doesn't mean we can't have quality.
- Check in: rooms guaranteed ready by 3pm. Need an earlier check in? Just give us a call and we'll do our best to accommodate!
- Check out: 11am, however, if you need a later check out just let us know and we'll do our best to arrange it for you!
- Pets: Well-behaved and freshly bathed pets welcome in all first-floor rooms only (120-128) for just $8 a night with certain restrictions. (**PLEASE READ OUR PET POLICIES BEFORE BOOKING... click here for more info**)
- Children 5 and up, please.
- Kids 12 and under sleep free.
- Quiet hours after 10pm: Due to the nature of the older architecture noise can transmit to other rooms therefore we do request all guests to be respectful of other guests late at night and early in the morning. That said, infants, young children and late-night partiers just aren't a fit for our motel. Uncooperative, excessively disruptive guests will be asked to leave without refund regardless of hour. This is a place to have fun and relax while being conscientious of other travelers staying with us. It's easy to be considerate, it's easy to be kind. We welcome those who share this sentiment.
- Registered guests only in motel, please.
- The is a non smoking facility. Guests are asked to used the designated smoking areas outside and to properly dispose of cigarette butts. We do enforce a strict $200 fine.
- 48 hour cancellation policy (more time may be required for multiple rooms) though we will only charge if we are unable to rent the room.
- Third and extra person fee: room rates are based on 2 person occupancy. Extra person fees equal $10 per person. Please check for max occupancy listed for each room though max of 4 persons per room is allowed.
- Rollaway/cots: available upon request at time of reservation and based on availability.
- ADA: while we are handicap accessible on the first floor, our rooms are not ADA compliant. Please call for more information.
- Taxes: 5.5% state, 5.5% room tax
- Accepted forms of payment: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, house gift certificates.
- 3rd party booking engines: If you book through a 3rd party booking engine such as Expedia, Travelosity, etc. you will receive your receipt from the 3rd party booking engine you booked through. Any changes to your reservation will also need to be made through the site you booked your reservation through. We cannot adjust rates or apply discounts (if applicable) once reservation is booked through 3rd party.
- We cannot be held responsible for misinformation offered by third party booking engines. While we do our best to make sure they have the most accurate info there are times that they get it wrong (for example, we do not have pull out couches in the rooms nor do we have a pool). This is, unfortunately, out of our control.
What we DON'T DO:
- We do not charge a booking fee! And, frankly, no one ever should! Buyer beware: if you are being charged a booking fee, you are not on our website and that booking fee, even if you cancel with sufficient amount of time, will be non-refundable and will be gladly kept by the 3rd party booking engine.
- We do not require a deposit or charge a cancellation fee (*see our cancellation policy below for more information.) Some hotels/motels charge $10 or more (or even charge a larger deposit or a full night's stay!) for you to change or cancel your reservation weeks, even months, in advance. We've never understood this. We're in the business of accommodating travelers and understand that plans change and feel that guests should not be penalized for this. OUR CANCELLATION POLICY is 48-hrs in advance of check-in (unless otherwise noted). While we reserve the right to charge for a full night's stay if cancellation is received within less than the required time, EVEN THEN, the ONLY time we've ever charged anyone is if we were unable to fill the room (and believe us, we will try to fill the room). Sound fair? We think so, too!
- We do not call your room right at check-out time to push you out and we do not charge for late check outs! Just let the desk know you'd like a late check-out and we will do whatever we can to accommodate your request!
- We do not charge for our wireless internet.
- We do not accommodate late night partying/hang outs in rooms. Yes, we are a rock-n-roll motel but with this being an older building, we must be conscientious of noise issues and other travelers' comforts and needs. Quiet hours after 10 is enforced. Uncooperative guests creating disturbance will be asked to leave regardless of hour without refund.
- We do not mislead our guests into thinking we are something we are not. While it was completely renovated in 2009, it still is an older building that comes with its quirks and charms. If you want friendly, clean, comfortable and unique accommodations, we feel confident that you will enjoy staying with us!!! Please read our reviews! :)
Have any questions? Just give us a call! 920-743-5571